Thursday 11 February 2010

...

This is too good not to be shared... It's an email I received from a friend, in response to a request for restaurant ideas in Soho for a work lunch. He's very English and super posh, and I'll let him remain anonymous. These are his suggestions:

----------

Sometimes, when I'm doing my version of Dorian Gray or Mr Hyde, I might find myself at one of these places in the tenderloin of London:

* Randell & Aubin (Brewer St) - fabulously excessive fish place, but you can't book;

* Zilli - Good Italian food next door;

* Quo Vadis - Luxuriant modern British next to my favourite strip club in Dean Street (not far for me to go after lunch);

* L'Escargot - Sophisticated French cuisine in Greek Street (if that's not an oxymoron);

* Kettners - Genteel British dining in Romilly Street;

* Bertorelli - Great Italian, my Dad used to take us in the sixties.

There we are, just a soupcon of places I frequent (double check on google).

No comments: