Wednesday 9 September 2009

Fantastic Mr Fox

On sunday I went for afternoon tea to a friend's house in Islington. She has just recently moved into a four storey house, near Angel. There was a canal festival going on down the road, and lots of people out and about on Upper Street.

On the first floor of the house is a deck that you access via a spiral staircase, which I love. (I remember playing on the spiral staircase at my grandparents house as a kid.) But the thing I loved the most about her place is the garden: a lovely English cottage garden, compete with an apple tree and a fox hole! Apparently the fox is quite friendly. He comes out and sunbathes on sunny days!!

Wish I'd had my camera...
This was my favourite Roald Dahl book when I was a child. Wes Anderson is making a film - due for release in November.

No comments: