* The College was founded in the 1590s, but none of the current buildings are that old.
* The library was built in the same style as Wren's library at Trinity in Cambridge, but by a different architect, and the extraordinary Book of Kells (c 800 AD) is housed there.
* Irish students don't pay university fees. EU students pay whatever their fees would have been in their home country (by reciprocal agreement). International students pay very steep fees (somewhere around 35,000 euros p/a).
* The 'new' Berkeley library is in the brutalist style. I really like it, especially the porthole windows and curved glass.
* Alumni include Jonathon Swift (Gulliver's Travels), Bram Stoker (Dracula), Oscar Wilde, and Samuel Beckett (Waiting for Godot).